On Sunday, January 14, 2007--on the coldest morning Phoenix had experienced in over 30 years--I completed my first half-marathon! And I say "first" because I refuse to settle for a finishing time or over 3 hours. Granted, it was 3:01:02, but come on! THREE HOURS?! Even though my knee did force me to walk the last 5 miles, that's still pretty pathetic. Doctors have said I shouldn't attempt to run a full marathon, but they didn't say anything about running a half, so I plan to train a little more dilligently for a half-marathon in San Jose in October. It's a ways away, but I'll probably do a 10K or something before then to prepare. Doesn't that sound strange coming from me??? I never thought I'd be a runner. And I'm not, but I'm kinda starting to think like one. Yipe!
Hopefully, I'll have a few more photos to post soon--like the one of ME AND MY DAD who surprised me at the finish line! We bawled like babies! It was fabulous!


2 comments:
Love your shirt! It is perfect. I am so glad you were happy with your run. I know you want to do better, but I know you are proud of what you have accomplished. Let's run a race together!!!
Oh, we're totally running together! Not sure how much of a race it will be, though! ;-)
Post a Comment