It occurred to me this morning that it has been way too long since I updated this blog. Since my last post, both Mark and I got new jobs! I was hired at our church shortly after our anniversary trip and Mark starting working for Modesto City Schools in August. I work in the children's ministry department as the Volunteer Coordinator (and then some). My MAIN job is finding people to volunteer in the nursery, preschool, and elementary school areas. I started off part time doing only that. Now I am full time and I do other administrative assistant things, too, but the hardest part of my job is getting volunteers to show up. For some reason, people don't they should show up when they say they will. Weird, I know.
Mark is now what is called a Title 1 Paraprofessional. He works as a teacher's assistant and tutor in a class of students with special needs. His group is considered "emotionally disturbed" so his job comes with a whole host of unique challenges. And he still gets praise week after week. I'm so proud of him and his strength!
The best of all of this is: WE LOVE OUR JOBS! There has never been a time in our history together when we could both say that. So we are thanking the Lord that we are both employed and loving (nearly!) every minute of it!
Logan turned 9 a few days ago. It's hard to believe. When he came into my life, he was still potty-training! And now, he just finished his first season of football. Where he was in pads and a helmet. Tackling people. Totally bizarre to me!
This is also a huge travel season for us. Two weeks ago, we went to Texas to celebrate Lyla's 7th birthday. Then, two weeks from right now, we'll be in NEW YORK CITY AAAHHHH!!!! And about 2 weeks after that we'll be celebrating Steinert Christmas at Disneyland (quite early). And THEN...Mark and Logan are headed to Arizona with Mark Sr. for 2 weeks to celebrate Christmas and New Year's Eve/Day with family down there.
That should be it for the rest of the year! Next year, I think we're staying put. Hopefully I'll have another play or two to keep me busy. Oh, and here's something cool--all three of us are finally putting our Rosetta Stone software to use! We should be fluent in Spanish in no time!
<3 br="br">3>
Sunday, November 04, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment