Friday, July 30, 2010

New, Fun Things

I want to take a quick second to mention a couple things:

1) Mark got a new job! He now works as an assistant in a couple group homes run by Sierra Vista Child and Family Services here in Modesto. He had been interning as part of his degree for a couple months, and when a position became available, they scooped him up right away! It's challenging work, but very rewarding at the same time. I can already see a change in him; he lights up rooms again!

2) Logan is about to graduate from his first class in tae kwon do! He is doing very well, and I'm noticing a change in him, too! Hopefully, he'll stick with this--considering we've paid for a year--and continue to grow in strength and confidence.

3) My friend and coworker, Megan, got married!


4) I have decided enough is enough--I gotta get my butt back on stage. I'm starting with the only option I know of, which is trying to get to the open auditions at CSU Stanislaus. Here's hopin'!

4 comments:

Allison said...

I love all the news. I didn't know Mark got a job, YIPPEE! I love that Logan does Tai Kwon Do. I've never seen a picture of the "other Megan." And I certainly approve and support your decision to get on stage, it's where you belong! I love you!

Becker Family said...

I know you can't see it, but I'm doing our "special cheer" from the back row :) Break a leg!!

Megan (aka Emme) said...

Thank you both! And Steph, I SO can see it!

Anonymous said...

What am I chopped Liver!! I didn't know you were going to even try. O course you belong, just be a looooong drive on opening nite!!

Dad