Well...in two parts, anyway. But it still counts, right???
On Sunday I completed my second half marathon. This time, I ran--well, walked with my friend, Kate, in Newcastle, England. We walked because Kate had been very ill the week prior to the race, so she wasn't even sure she'd finish. To be honest she shouldn't have even started. But, she's a Taurus, so what could I do?!
I enjoyed it for the the most part. I'll certainly post some photos later. But one thing that really shocked me is the way the local children were behaving. When I ran in Phoenix, everyone standing by was happy and encouraging and cheered us all on. The adult spectators were pleasant in Newcastle--although a bit cheeky--but the children were little shits. (Forgive my language, but REALLY.) I couldn't believe it. They were throwing things at us and calling people horrible names! Kate just kinda laughed it off and kept saying, "It's the North/South divide, Megan." Well, I'll take the SOUTH any day! Gracious.
Anyway, we are back in Oxford now after our weekend up North. I'm still a little bit sore, and completely convinced I'm not meant for distance running/walking. (Even when it comes to shopping in London, which I did today and about destroyed my other knee.) Cycling? Who knows. I'll have to give it a go!
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Takes me 7 rounds of golf walking to go that far, and you did it in two... not bad. Kids really that bad huh? Too bad for them. Some day they will(might) grow up and become politicians. Glad you are having a good time.
I miss you (even though I don't see you when you are in the States)! I'm glad you are enjoying England, minus the children. Doesn't it make you love our nieces and nephews so much more! They are precious! Can't wait to see pics.
Post a Comment