Wednesday, December 27, 2006

My pat on the back

The following email conversation took place last week between my boss and his boss's assistant regarding how to write my evaluation that must be done before I can move into my new position. It's called a PP&E--Performance Planning and Evaluation Review. I wanted to share it because every once in a while it's nice to know what people really think of the job you're doing... :-)

"On Meg’s PP&E you need to rate her on each level:

Goals #2 and #3 are 25% of the entire rating

Goal #1 is 50% of the entire rating.

I’m sure you have a copy to look at it to help you figure it out. Page 2 of the PP&E gives you the explanation on how you determine what number to give the employee. A “1,” “2,” “3,” “4,” or “5.” One of course is the highest rating given. The normal is a “3.”

Sandra
Administrative Assistant
NW District Office

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Goal I (Clerical support of College Administration): 1

Major Goal II (Timley ordering/maintaining of supplies and equipment): 1

Major Goal III (Accurate Payroll/Accts. Payable processing): 1


Michael
Director
ITT Technical Institute - Clovis, CA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To rate a one, you have to get approval from HQ and Jeff (Ortega, District Manager) due to the amount of raise permitted (in her case, that is irrelavent). But you need his approval to rate anyone a 1. Anyone. It will delay processing, though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So what should I do now?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You have to write Jeff and also Jeanne (in Human Resources at HQ) and get approval for the 1 rating. A one is very rare; the employee has to excel greatly in all areas to receive that. Majorly, it requires approval. It can’t to go HQ anyway until he signs it, so just write him.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I discussed it with Megan, and we’ll just redo it with “2” ratings just to get it out of the way.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A two is a fabulous rating for a newby and she needs not be bummed by the change.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am resending the PP&E, with sub-ratings of 1, 2, 2 and an overall rating of 2; which is still pretty darn good.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YES! I totally agree on every statement. I’m totally astounded at how well she did with the job. Her attention to detail is excellent, and her organization ability is what makes her successful in it. I’m proud to have been her mentor."

1 comment:

Allison said...

YIPPEE! Now you have something to live up to!