Sunday, January 22, 2012

My New "Business"

Hello, Friends and Family!

I want to share an update with you: as you may well know, I was laid off in August and have yet to find work. (The unemployment rate here is ridiculous. Example: whenever I apply for an office job with a local school district, I have to take an assessment test. Each time, there have been over 100 applicants at the test...for ONE position!) While I'm searching for work, I've decided to start marketing myself as a freelance proofreader/copy editor. Finding and correcting grammatical errors makes me happy, and it's on my list of dream jobs, so what better time than now to really have a go at it?

I don't have an official website yet, but I do have a Facebook page where I list my rates. I have also updated my profile at LinkedIn, which is a professional networking site. If you know someone who would be interested in using my services, please pass my info along! And if they mention that one of my blog readers referred them, I'll even give them a discount.

No comments: