I thought I should give a quick recap of my return to the stage.
The rehearsal process was painful. We only had 4 weeks of rehearsal and I was gone for half of those. I had a very small part, but still I felt like a fish out of water when I got on stage. (It's not like riding a bike, lemme tell ya!) I noticed that I lost much of my vocal range and power, and so throughout the rehearsal process I was discouraged and down. I was beginning to think that maybe this was just a stage in my life that I had already passed through and that this should be my last show.
Once we opened, though, it started to feel good again. I began to feel like I belonged there, even if I wasn't very happy with my performance. (And I wasn't, because it was a comedy and I'm just not funny.) I even had a night towards the end when everything clicked and the entire cast said I was "on fire!" That felt great. Of course, no one I knew was there to see that performance.
I wish I had photos to show you, but I don't. I'm sorry! Hopefully I'll have my wits a little more securely about me for the next one. ;^}
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment