Friday, November 03, 2006

Knock on wood...

Well, my boss interviewed the top 2 candidates for the Director of Finance position yesterday. If Kim, currently an FAA, gets the job, then I will move into her FAA spot. That means I'll be making more money, and I won't be anyone's supervisor! But it also means I'll be doing 2 jobs until whoever is hired in my place can do it all by him/herself.

I think this is what will happen, and here's why: my boss gave me a folder full of resumes from people interested in my position--when I applied for the FA position he posted an opening for my Exec Sec job on our website--and told me to go through it and see if I agreed with his comments. Plus he pulled me into his office today and said that he submitted Kim's name to HQ for approval. So I'm pretty sure I'll be changing positions.

I know this is excellent, but I can't help thinking maybe this isn't what I wanted to happen. Maybe I don't want to stay at ITT at all. Maybe I don't want to stay in Fresno at all! I think these thoughts reflect my gloomy mood of late, which I'm hoping will pass...

No comments: